Zoning Update 2015
- 17 June 2015
- Liz Buckton
- Hits: 3468
Zoning By-law Housekeeping Update, 2015
A housekeeping amendment to the Zoning By-law was approved by Council on July 27th, 2015. A notice of passing and copy of the approved by-law is available under 'documents' below.
The zoning by-law is a statutory document that sets out the specific permitted land uses and development standards that apply to properties in the Municipality of Meaford. It does not apply to the Land Forces Central Area Training Centre or lands under the Niagara Escarpment Plan.
The Municipal Comprehensive Zoning By-law (#60-2009) was passed in 2009 and has been amended each year in order to make sure that it is as accurate and up-to-date as possible. This year's housekeeping amendment proposes generally minor changes, which include:
- Addition of a definition for 'Established Building Line'
- An increase in the maximum number of permitted bedrooms in an accessory apartment unit in the downtown from 2 bedrooms to 3 bedrooms
- Specified permission for accessory outdoor display and sales for commercial uses in the downtown
- Permission for 'Workshops' in the Rural Highway Commercial Zone (as are already permitted in the Urban Highway Commercial Zone)
- Correction of outdated or inaccurate zoning on several parcels via changes to the Zoning Schedules
- Clarification/correction of the wording of several definitions and general provisions to guide property interpretation and implementation
By law 62 2015 Housekeeping Update (by-law as adopted)