Join Our Course: Introduction to Radon
- 09 July 2015
- Hailey Thomson
- Hits: 2547
Did you know that radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in Canada next to cigarette smoking? This seminar is designed to educate you about radon, including the health effects, the misconceptions, what is involved in the assessment and mitigation of radon, and why all buildings must be tested.
- What is radon?
- Exposure and health effects of radon exposure
- Health Canada Guideline
- How and why to test for radon (short-term versus long-term testing)
- What if my residence or workplace has high radon levels?
- Mitigating radon levels in buildings
Who Should Attend?
- Municipal Officials
- Commercial and institutional building managers and owners
- Managers and owners of multi-unit residential buildings
- School Boards
- Real Estate professionals, Builders, Home inspectors
Tuesday July 14, 2015
Meaford Regional Firefighting Training Centre
81 Stewart St
Meaford ON N4L 1J9
There is no cost for these sessions. Please call or e-mail Stacy Wyngaarden at 519-538-6717 or firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve seats