Permit Process for Shoreline Restoration Work

Posted On Friday November 15, 2019

Many waterfront property owners are considering restoration work as a result of high water levels causing shoreline erosion. The restoration work may require permits from the Grey Sauble Conservation Authority (GSCA) and Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry (MNRF).

The MNRF is providing a streamlined permit process for in-water work until December 31, 2019. Eligible projects include building new or expanding existing erosion control structures. For more information, please visit

Meaford’s waterfront properties also fall into the GSCA regulated area, and may require a permit for shoreline works or alterations. Information about the GSCA permit process can be found at

We ask that all residents completing shoreline work ensure they have received the appropriate permits. Please contact the appropriate agency if you have any questions about the permitting process.

phone iconContact Us