Please note: Entrance permit approval and a civic address request must be completed prior to the building permit application submission.

If you are interested in paving, constructing, altering or adding an additional entrance such as a driveway along a Municipal road, you need to apply for a permit.

Please complete the Entrance Permit Application Form, and submit it to Payments must be submitted to the Development Services Office at 15 Trowbridge Street West, Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Please make the cheque out to the Municipality of Meaford, and label the envelope containing the cheque to the attention of Transportation & Fleet Services – Entrance Permit Application, with a reference note to the online application (for example, the address).

Applications can also be made by hard copy, including a cheque in the same manner. 

We will try to be as timely with issuance as possible, but given the circumstances we appreciate your patience if there are any delays.

You will also need to have an approved entrance permit and civic address in order to be issued a building permit. If the project is a new build and you do not have an existing entrance, fill out the application form and email a diagram of your entrance location for our roads department ( to schedule a site visit and submit an application for your civic address to be issued. You will also need to pay the entrance permit and civic addressing fees at the Development Services Office located at 15 Trowbridge St W.  

If the entrance you want is on a County road, please contact Grey County about their entrance permit process. 



Building Services Menu:

Building Permits


Plans Review


Lot Grading

Entrance Permits and Civic Addressing

phone iconContact Us