The Municipality provides Commissioner of Oaths services. We commission documents like Declaration of Vehicle Transfers and general affidavits. To have something commissioned, everyone who needs to sign the document must be present and have valid photo ID.

Appointments are strongly recommended to ensure a Commissioner of Oaths is available. Contact us at or 519-538-1060 to arrange an appointment. 

Commissioning services are provided Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Municipal Office, 21 Trowbridge Street West, Meaford. The fee for this service is $20.

The Commissioner is not responsible for the content of the affidavit - That is the responsibility of the person whose signature is being commissioned. You must understand the details of what you are signing and their correctness.

 Documents we can Commission
  • Municipal business
  • Appointment of Special Constable
  • Affidavit for lost Outdoors Card
  • Amendment to Birth/Death/Marriage Certificate
  • Delayed statement of live birth
  • Immunization Exemption forms
  • Domestic and Foreign Pension documents (proof of life)
  • Proof of residency (owner/tenant letters)
  • Statutory Declaration of Apprenticeship hours
  • Legal Name Change forms
  • Statutory Declaration by a person for change of sex designation
  • Canadian Citizenship Forms Statutory Declaration of Lost Identification (must include police report #)
  • Sworn statement for the transfer of a used motor vehicle in the province of Ontario
  • Sworn statement for the transfer of a family gift of a used motor vehicle in the province of Ontario
  • Ontario Rental Housing Tribunal - Affidavits
  • Statutory Declaration for OSAP - Statement of Common-Law Status, Supporting Children
  • Statutory Declaration of theft of a HST Cheque or Federal Cheque
  • Affidavit of Unregistered Vehicle (boards, motorcycles, snowmobiles, trailers, etc...)
  • Statutory Declaration for Motor Vehicle Deals Compensation Fund
  • Consent letter for children travelling abroad (as witness)
 Documents we Cannot Commission
  • Notary Public Documents
  • Estate settlement documents, Wills/Cert- Of Appt. of Est. Trustee without Will
  • Divorce, Separation, Marriage or Cohabitation Agreements
  • Litigation Guardian Affidavit
  • Power of Attorney
  • Mining Claim Forms or Transfers for the Province
  • Transferring of Un-Patented Mining Claims
  • Exposure Device Operator
  • Custody Documents
  • Documents involving debts - Bankruptcy
  • Real Estate related documents
  • Court, Legal or Civil Issue related documents
  • Declaration of Claimant and Indemnity (bank form re: estates) & replacement of shares
  • Statutory Declaration of Progress payment Holdback Security Deposit
  • Statement of Arrears
  • Tender Documents
  • Declaration of Translator
  • Age of Majority or BYID Card Application
  • Certified True Copies
  • Ontario Mortgage Corporation documents
  • Travel Affidavit
  • Affidavit of a Lost Cheque
  • Other

phone iconContact Us