Information for Voters

The upcoming Municipal Election to elect a Mayor, Deputy Mayor, Councillors and School Board Trustees will be held in the Municipality of Meaford October 24, 2022. Residents can also register to vote by mail before Thursday September 15, 2022. 

I want to Vote by Mail

If you would like to be notified when the vote-by-mail registration starts, e-mail or call 519.538.1060 ext. 1100. 

Am I on the Voters List?

Check to see if you are on the voters list for the 2022 Municipal and School Board Elections occurring in October 2022 by visiting

click here to visit is hosted by the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) and is an online service used to collect and confirm information that will be used in the preparation of the final voters’ lists across Ontario. You can also change your school support for electoral purposes and add names of other eligible voters to your property address.  

To confirm your information is accurately recorded for the upcoming municipal elections, log on to using your property address or assessment roll number and your full name and date of birth. Updating this information will help to ensure that municipal voters’ lists are accurate and up-to-date in preparation for the Municipal and School Board elections occurring this October.

If you do not have access to the internet, please visit the Meaford Public Library or call the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) at 1-866-296-6722.

Who can Vote?

 Any person who meets the following qualifications is eligible to vote:
  • Is a Canadian citizen;
  • Is at least 18 years old on election day;
  • Resides in the municipality or is the owner or tenant of land in the local municipality, or the spouse of such a person.  For School Boards, you must reside in the area of jurisdiction of the Board and can only vote once in the jurisdiction area of the Board.
  • Any person not prohibited by law from voting.

The following are not entitled to vote:

The Municipal Elections Act, 1996 prohibits the following individuals from voting:

  • Any person who is not a qualified voter, and;
  • A person who is serving a sentence of imprisonment in a penal or correctional institution;
  • A corporation;
  • A person acting as executor or trustee;
  • A person who has been convicted of corrupt practices under the Municipal Elections Act (1996) in the last four years;
  • Anyone who is prohibited by law from voting.

I am a Student, can I Vote?

  • If you are a student and consider your “home” to be the place where you live when you are not attending school, which means you plan on returning there, then you are eligible to vote in both your “home” municipality and in the municipality where you currently live while attending school.

Voting for School Support

MPAC maintains school support information for every property in Ontario as required by section 14(1.1) of the Assessment Act. School support information is included on every Property Assessment Notice.

It is not necessary for a property owner or tenant to have children in order to support a particular school board or to vote for its trustees.  However, section 16(4) of the Assessment Act requires that the school support designation default to English-Public unless the owner or tenant advises MPAC otherwise.

The following is a list of the School Boards for which qualified electors will be entitled to vote unless there are acclamations.  Non-resident electors will be entitled to vote for school boards if their qualifying property is residential.  Non-residential commercial or industrial property electors are not eligible to vote for school boards but are entitled to vote for other municipal officers or questions.

  • Bluewater District School Board (English public)
  • Bruce-Grey Catholic District School Board (English separate)
  • Conseil scolaire Viamonde (French public)
  • Conseil scolaire catholique Providence (French separate)

Changing Support

As required by section 16(3) of the Assessment Act, changes to school support designation must be made in writing. The property owner or tenant must complete an Application for Direction of School Support form which can be obtained from the local school board office. 

Once the Application for Direction of School Support has been completed and signed, it can be returned to MPAC:


P.O. Box 9808

Toronto ON  M1S 5T9

MPAC staff will process the school support designation change upon receipt.

For questions relating to school support, contact MPAC directly at 1-866-296-MPAC (6722).

Be sure to check this page often for all updates and information regarding the 2022 Municipal & School Board Elections.  If you have any questions or have any comments about the election, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of the Clerk:

Matt Smith, Clerk
519-538-1060 ext. 1115

phone iconContact Us